So you think she is pregnant?
Here’s some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
1) Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
2) Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
3) Talk about it. Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
4) Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
5) Express yourself honestly.It is normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
1) Don’t bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
2) Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
3) Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
24/7 Dad Fatherhood Program
24/7 Dad is a unique, comprehensive set of fatherhood programs developed by a team of nationally and internationally recognized fathering and parenting experts and with input from fatherhood practitioners. This program focuses on five characteristics that a father needs to be a great dad 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It covers universal aspects of fatherhood so that men of all cultures, races, religions, and backgrounds can benefit from.
What Topics Does 24/7 Dad Cover?
24/7 Dads focuses on key fathering characteristics – like masculinity, discipline, and work/family balance – and helps men evaluate their own parenting skills, as well as their fathering role models.
Family of Origin
■ Handling/Expressing Emotions
■ Discipline, Rewards, Punishment
■ Physical and Mental Health
■ Growing From Boyhood to Manhood
What It Means To Be A Man
■ Recognizing/Handling Anger
■ Improving My Communication Skills
■ Stress, Alcohol, and Work
■ And more!
This program will pair you with a male mentor who will meet with you once a week. Each session will provide the life changing and life saving skills every man needs. Each session attended will provide you an opportunity to earn “Daddy Bucks credit” to purchase supplies for your baby, your baby’s mother, or yourself.